Welcome back to the blog for another Friday Favorites! I cannot believe it is Friday AGAIN. Time has been flying by the past few weeks since we have been back in The Netherlands.
I hope you all had a wonderful, wonderful Thanksgiving! Are you all stuffed? Have you recovered from your food comas? We will actually be celebrating our Thanksgiving on Saturday instead because nobody has the day off on Thanksgiving here in The Netherlands.
Thank you for taking the time to join me for another Friday Favorites! Today I will be including a little bit of what I am thankful for this Thanksgiving!
What I am Thankful for:
- My Husband Daniel for being the best life partner and father I could have ever imagined. He is my rock and with him, I know that anything is possible!
- Fé! Fé has taught me so much about what it means to be a mother and has taught me some important life lessons. When I look at her I see a world of endless possibilities and she is truly such an amazing little girl!
- My parents for being so supportive of our family even though we are halfway across the world from each other. I have managed to see them about 4 times in the past year since Fé was born and they are always supporting and encouraging me to be a better person.
- Daniels Famly. We have lived with Daniels Mother and Stepfather in their house in the UK for 9 months and we are so grateful for that opportunity. They opened up their home to us and I am so thankful. They are also truly wonderful grandparents to little Fé. Daniels father (in The Netherlands) has also supported us so much and is there for us for whatever we may need. Fé also has some pretty awesome aunts and uncles spread out throughout Europe and the USA (I am looking at you Paige in Minnesota!)
Friday Favorites #2
- Our new bike with a baby seat!
I took Fé out for a spin on our new Gazelle Bike and she loved it! She even fell asleep on the way back!
- Speculaas Cookies
These cookies are a typical Dutch winter cookie (normally served on December 5th- St. Nicolas Day) but I decided to try them out a little bit earlier this year. It was my first time making them and they turned out great! I followed this recipe here from The Dutch Baker. If you would like to get your hands on some real Dutch Speculaas Spice Boston Trade sells some on Amazon 😉
Every morning when I use my Bodum PEBO Coffee Maker I feel like I am conducting a science experiment! I love the cool way it brews coffee and it comes out great every time! I actually forgot we had this until I saw it packed away the other day. I was so excited to get it back out (I have grown a little tired of our Nespresso machine) and now I have been enjoying a big pot of freshly brewed coffee every morning!
What are you loving this week? How were all your Thanksgivings? What are you all thankful for?