Hey, Everyone! It has been a while since I have posted anything! We went on a big road trip from the Uk to Munich, Germany (where Daniel had a work meeting) and then to Seville, Spain where we stayed in a lovely Villa with Daniel’s family. It was a blast, but driving for days on end with a 6-month old is no picnic! Despite having a few mental breakdowns along the way, sitting next to the pool underneath the Spanish sun did us all some good. It was Fé’s first holiday (besides going back and forth between The Netherlands and the UK) so I will have an update for you soon!
Anyway, when we got back home, we had received a wonderful personalized book in the mail from I See Me.
I See Me is an award-winning company that creates personalized books and gifts for children and babies. Each book is unique and personalized with the child’s name and pictures. They have even been featured on The Today Show, Entertainment Weekly, Parents Magazine, and The Wall Street Journal!
There are TONS of different books to choose from but I choose the book called “F is for Fé” in the pink color. When we first received the book it exceeded my expectations! The front of the book features a special little note dedicated to Fé and includes a picture of her that I had sent to the company when I ordered the book.
The book works its way through the alphabet and you can find little “F’s” and “Fé’s” hidden all among the pages.
In addition, the illustrations are absolutely BEAUTIFUL. It is illustrated by Nicola Slater who is a well-known children’s book illustrator and she really brings the pages of this book to life! Although the characters in this book aren’t personalized to look like Fé, there are other books where the characters even resemble your little one!
I See Me also sells personalized stickers, puzzles, lunch boxes, placemats, music, growth charts, and stuffed animals. It makes a great gift for children of all ages; from birth and throughout childhood.
I try to make a point of reading to Fé every night before she goes down to bed. Of course, I don’t think she understands any of the story, and she spends most of the time trying to grab the pages and put them in her mouth! Regardless I wanted to start reading to her from a very young age because there are so many benefits!
Make story time fun with a personalized book from @ISeeMe_Books #reading #storytime #books #baby Click To Tweet
Benefits of Reading to your Infant
- It develops baby’s language skills | While Fé doesn’t actually understand the story she still picks up on rhythm, intonation, and vocabulary while I read to her which is so important for her to develop her own language skills!
- Increases Vocabulary | Reading to your baby introduces them to a variety of different vocabulary words which will help expand their vocabulary as they learn to talk
- Develops Listening skills |Babies learn to listen to the sound of your voice as you read to them
- Helps baby with their attention span | When you read to baby and they start to follow along with your voice it may help them develop a longer attention span.
- Bonding time | I Love sitting down with Fé in the evening and looking at a book with her for 15 minutes. It helps quiet her down before bed and it has become a special little moment that we share together
- Makes bedtime easier | Having a calming routine before bedtime can signal to your baby that it is time to go to sleep. This will help your baby sleep better in the long run. Story time before bed is the perfect way to help your little one wind down and relax after a long day of playing!
Having a personalized book to read to Fé makes story time so much more fun! I know that she will enjoy her I See Me book for years to come! They also make the perfect gift for any occasion and I plan on gifting them to some of my family and friends =)
ORRR…. check out any of their social media sites by clicking on the icons below!
Till Next time!! Happy Reading mommies!